The Pantry greatly appreciates donations of food and personal items from our community. Here are guidelines for what we can accept:
- Fresh eggs from home and commercial operations
- Fresh produce from home gardens and commercial farms
- Commercially canned goods (undented, no more than 2 years past the expiration date)
- Commercially packed meats, including game
- Unopened commercially packaged foods, including juices and baby food
- Unopened box and bag goods, like cereals, hamburger helper, beans, rice and sugar (We love bulk items, but we must do the subdivision here to obey the food safety regulations.)
- Unopened spices and herbs, flavoring packets
- Unopened personal items, like shampoos, conditioners, soaps , deodorants, feminine hygiene products and diapers
- Unopened first aid items, like Band-Aids, ointments, gauze, etc.
- All paper goods, including toilet paper, Kleenex, paper towels, tape
- All cleaning supplies, like detergent and dishwashing soap
The following items cannot be accepted because of food safety guidelines.
- No home canned goods (including preserves, jellies, etc.)
- No home prepared meat or game
- No opened food items
- Commercially packed goods that are more than 2 years past the expiration date.